PALMDALE ESTATES PLANNED DISTRICT (PLN2013-00189): 159 Washington Blvd
Application's City Staff Project Planner: Joel Pullen firstname.lastname@example.org
City Council approved development on 11/18/14
Robson Homes changed the plans between the Planning Commission hearing and the City Council hearing.
An ADA handicapped parking space was added near the entrance to the Core Area. Three houses on the south side of the new east-west Street A were lowered. Four parking spaces on Street A were removed.
November 18th City Council Agenda
Planning Commission recommended approval October 23rd
October 23rd Planning Commission Agenda
Historical Architectural Review Board recommended approval
Because Palmdale Estates is listed on the City's Register of Historic Resources and lies within the Mission San Jose Historical Overlay District,
October 16th H.A.R.B. Agenda
H.A.R.B. had to determine that the layout of the planned district and exterior architecture of the buildings is appropriate.
Draft Focused Environmental Impact Report (EIR) [19 MB]
Mission San Jose Historical Overlay District Guidelines [4 MB]
Palmdale Estates Planned District Site Plan
Palmdale Estates Aerial Map
The Palmdale Estates Planned District proposed by Robson Homes is located at 159 Washington Blvd. off an extension of Bryant Terrace near Mission San Jose.
It is in the Mission San Jose Community Plan Area.
The Palmdale estate is currently owned by the Sisters of the Holy Family. Earlier owners include the Beard, Gallegos, Lachman, Metzgar, Davis, Best and Starr families. The estate includes gardens expanded by Lachman. The Best House and the Starr House were built in the late 1920's. The Motherhouse was built in the late 1950's.
The public may arrange to view the development plans by contacting the Application's City Staff Project Planner: Joel Pullen email@example.com